Committed writers dedicated to working together to produce excellent poems, short stories, drama, life writing, and creative non-fiction

Why not contact us for more details about our small, mutually supportive monthly meetings? Don't be shy. No need to be brave!

Sheila 01823 67 28 46 sheilarogers4322@yahoo.com

Valerie 01884 84 04 22 valtay@btinternet.com

Wednesday 21 March 2012

THE POOR SERVANTS OF THE MOTHER OF GOD

A POEM FOR FANNY TAYLOR – PSMG 140 Years 

I am proud of my Great Grand Aunt’s life.. that was so good 
And of her message... that is so clearly understood 
I am proud at the wonder of this special 140 year celebration 
And at the selflessness... the SMG Sisters are showing to this nation
I am proud to be related to a Lady... who was so genuinely holy 
For she spent her whole adult life caring for the Lowly 
I am proud to attend this celebration of the Order that Fanny founded 
And I appreciate how beautiful the spoken words have sounded 
I am proud that Fanny’s message has spread so widely overseas 
I’m thinking of the holy Sisters, who do so much to please 
I am proud when I read the journal: “Pray & Promote” 
The content never fails to induce a dryness in my throat
I am proud at the simplicity of Fanny’s religious devotion 
As I watch all those... here present... displaying such emotion 
I am proud about life’s Picture that Fanny’s holy Sisters paint 
And I believe that Christ’s Church on earth will canonize a Saint 

© Kenneth Campbell 
All rights reserved

No comments: