Committed writers dedicated to working together to produce excellent poems, short stories, drama, life writing, and creative non-fiction

Why not contact us for more details about our small, mutually supportive monthly meetings? Don't be shy. No need to be brave!

Sheila 01823 67 28 46 sheilarogers4322@yahoo.com

Valerie 01884 84 04 22 valtay@btinternet.com

Monday 25 March 2013

Poem for Austria

From Africa I came.. as a wild Vulture
To a land that sourced mankind's culture
Let the church bells of Austria continue to ring
So I can hear the mountains sing
Let the music of Beethoven resonate around me
Whilst the images of Klimpt will always surround me
Let trotting racing last for ever
If only to restore a Kayser's pleasure
Let Austrian medicine, to the world bring
So my shoulder has no further use for a sling
Let the beauty of Baden come alive
So my memories of you will always survive
Let me always remember the Austrian people
In the way I can picture St. Stephan's steeple
Oh Austria, I can feel your incredible zest
Making you and your people amongst the best

© Kenneth Campbell 
All rights reserved

No comments: