Committed writers dedicated to working together to produce excellent poems, short stories, drama, life writing, and creative non-fiction

Why not contact us for more details about our small, mutually supportive monthly meetings? Don't be shy. No need to be brave!

Sheila 01823 67 28 46 sheilarogers4322@yahoo.com

Valerie 01884 84 04 22 valtay@btinternet.com

Monday 13 June 2011

Oh my God

Oh my God.  I can’t believe I did it.  I threw your letters away in the tide.  I found them last night stuffed behind the books that I had promised the Cancer Charity people who come round asking for stuff to resell.  I just thought I’d give them some books, but then your letters fell out of that old dictionary that you and I used to read for fun.

Do you remember testing each other on words, trying to find old meanings? What about ‘dinner’?  Do you remember?  ‘Dinner without grace – antenuptial sexual intercourse’. Who would have thought it?


My Dear, I re-read your letters and wish I hadn’t.  I came down here last night, and tossed them one by one into the waves, crying as I did it for all that we lost.

Now, as I stand here looking at the sands, I realise that, foolishly, I have lost you yet again.  My dear, I am just so very sorry.

© Penny Smale 2011
All rights reserved

No comments: