Committed writers dedicated to working together to produce excellent poems, short stories, drama, life writing, and creative non-fiction

Why not contact us for more details about our small, mutually supportive monthly meetings? Don't be shy. No need to be brave!

Sheila 01823 67 28 46 sheilarogers4322@yahoo.com

Valerie 01884 84 04 22 valtay@btinternet.com

Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Coastal Path

Narrow boundary,
linking heavy dense earth
to shifting, moving grey sea. 
I always want to hurl myself
on that long journey to its
cold mouth,
my life ticking past 
as I approach that watery wall,
plunge, deep, never knowing whether
I would ever come up again.

© Valerie Taylor
All rights reserved

2 comments:

witcomb said...

lovely- powerful personal response that I understand. David.

witcomb said...

lovely - powerful and personal - takes courage to write so raw...